It’s no secret that video is one of the most powerful tools in a marketer’s toolkit.
Whether you’re looking to increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, or boost conversion rates, adding video to your marketing strategy can help you achieve your goals.
But with so many different types of videos and so many ways to use them, it can be tough to know where to start.
That’s why we created this ultimate guide to video marketing. In it, you’ll find everything you need to get started with video, including tips from the pros, best practices, case studies, and more.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
Why Use Video in Your Marketing Strategy?
The Different Types of Videos You Can CreateThe Benefits of Using VideoThe Best Practices for Creating VideosHow to Measure the Success of Your VideosTips for Getting Started with Video
1. Why Use Video in Your Marketing Strategy?
Video is one of the most versatile and effective forms of marketing content out there. That’s because it has the ability to engage audiences in a way that other types of content (like text or images) can’t.
When used correctly, video can help you achieve a variety of marketing goals, like increasing brand awareness, boosting website traffic, and generating leads and sales.
Plus, thanks to advances in technology, creating high-quality videos is more accessible (and affordable) than ever before.
No matter what your budget is or what level of experience you have with creating videos, there’s a good chance you can find a way to make video work for your business.
2. The Different Types of Videos You Can Create
Not all videos are created equal. There are dozens of different types of videos you can create, each with its own purpose and audience.
Some of the most popular types of videos include:
• How-to Videos: As their name suggests, how-to videos teach viewers how to do something specific. They can be helpful for everything from learning how to make a perfect scrambled egg to fixing a leaky faucet.
• Product Videos: Product videos are a great way to showcase the features and benefits of your product or service in an engaging way. They can be used on your website, social media channels, or even in brick-and-mortar stores as part of an in-person marketing campaign.
• Customer Testimonial Videos: Customer testimonial videos feature real customers sharing their positive experiences with your product or service. These videos are especially useful for building trust and credibility with potential customers who may be on the fence about whether or not to buy from you.
• Company Culture Videos: Company culture videos offer a behind-the-scenes look at your business and help potential customers get to know your team members on a personal level. These videos humanize your brand and make it more relatable for viewers.
• Animated Explainer Videos: If you have a complex product or service that’s difficult to explain using traditional methods (like text or images), an animated explainer video may be the answer. These types of videos use illustrations and graphics instead of live action footage to break down concepts into easy-to-understand terms.
• Event Videos: Event videos capture all the sights and sounds (and sometimes even interviews) from trade shows, conferences, and other events that your business attends or hosts. These types are especially useful for promoting future events or highlighting key takeaways from past ones.
• Brand Storytelling Videos: Brand storytelling videos tell the story of your business—who you are as a company, what you stand for, and why potential customers should care about what you do