Websites are no longer just for desktop computer viewing. In fact, according to StatCounter, mobile phones and tablets account for 51.3% of internet usage as of January 2019. This number will only continue to grow as time goes on. With this in mind, you would think that having a mobile responsive website would be a no-brainer for businesses. But there is a lot of misinformation out there about what a mobile responsive website is and how it can benefit your business.
A mobile responsive website is a website that has been designed to work well on all devices, from large desktop monitors to small smartphone screens. The layout and content of the site adjust automatically to fit the size of the screen it is being viewed on. This ensures that users have a great experience no matter how they are accessing your site.
There are many benefits of having a mobile responsive website, including:
1. Increased Traffic: Mobile responsive websites rank higher in search engine results than non-responsive sites. This means that more people will see your site when they are searching for keywords related to your business.
2. Improved User Experience: A mobile responsive website provides an optimal user experience regardless of the device someone is using to view it. This leads to more engaged users who are more likely to convert into customers or clients.
3. Reduced Maintenance Costs: A single mobile responsive website is easier and less expensive to maintain than two separate websites (one for desktop and one for mobile). This can free up budget to invest in other areas of your marketing efforts.
4. Enhanced Branding and Professionalism: Mobile responsive websites give businesses an opportunity to enhance their branding and improve their professionalism by providing users with a consistent experience across all devices.
Despite all of these benefits, there are still some businesses that have not made the switch to a mobile responsive website design. There are several possible reasons for this, including:
1. Lack of Understanding: Many business owners simply don’t understand what a mobile responsive website is or how it can benefit their business. They may not see the need for it if their current website is working well on desktop computers.