The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) recently published an article about how content marketing will work from Jan 1st 2019. Here’s a summary of the main points:
1. The customer journey will become more important than ever before
As the customer journey becomes more complex, content marketers will need to focus on creating a seamless experience that meets the needs of customers at every stage.
2. Artificial intelligence (AI) will change the way we create and consume content
AI will help content marketers to create more personalized and targeted content. It will also change the way we consume content, with smart assistants like Siri and Alexa becoming our main source of information.
3. Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) will become mainstream
VR and AR will become increasingly important for marketers as they provide an immersive experience that can be used to tell stories, educate customers, and promote products.
4. Chatbots will become our new best friends
Chatbots are already being used by brands to provide customer service and they are only going to become more popular in 2019 as they get better at understanding human conversation.
5. Personalization will be key
With so much competition, content marketers will need to personalize their messages in order to stand out from the crowd. This could be done through targeted emails, social media ads, or even custom-made videos.